The Our Fund Foundation and Community Foundation Funders Collaborative desires to change the narrative of LGBTQ+ BIPOC (Black & Indigenous People of Color). Our collective goal is to invest in creating a more equitable community through an active commitment against racism and by taking actionable steps to effect meaningful and long-lasting structural change for LGBQ+ BIPOC. From our discussions regarding the need of this specific population, we believe our chosen area of focus with Social Justice & Equity will provide the greatest community impact.
Equity ensures that all people are treated how they need to be treated to achieve the same results. In the social justice movement, this means such things as race-based incentives. For this RFP, we define social justice as the ability for LGBTQ+ BIPOC to have equal access to wealth, opportunities, and privileges within a society. Our focus on racial equity is for LGBTQ+ BIPOC to have the consistent quality of receiving fair and impartial treatment.
After a year of unprecedented social upheaval, a heightened social awareness around issues of racial justice and equity has risen among BIPOC Americans. LGBTQ+ BIPOC exist in a unique intersection of identities that give them a unique perspective of understanding the effects of inequities that both racism and anti-LGBTQ+ policies engender in their own community. Grants for Social Justice & Equity will support organizational efforts along these fronts to develop programs that will improve the lives of LGBTQ+ BIPOC, ensuring they are represented in all levels of the organization’s structure and programming, and that supported policies and practices have measurable and sustainable outcomes.
To be eligible for funding, your organization must:
- Be a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, or provide documentation that the organization is fiscally sponsored by an organization that has 501(c)(3) status
- Be either:
- A LGBTQ-primary organization (defined as an organization whose mission includes the LGBTQ population as the primary focus of their work; whose staff and board predominantly reflect the LGBTQ community; and which primarily serves LGBTQ people); or
- A non-LGBTQ-primary organization seeking funding for a LGBTQ-specific program/project should show a track record or history of serving the LGBTQ+ BIPOC community, or have an LGBTQ+ partnering organization that is BIPOC led.
- Request support for a project serving Broward County residents.
- Request support for a project occurring beginning April 2022. Implementation period is flexible.
Awards: The maximum Social Justice & Equity Fund grant award is $100,000.
Please note the following are not eligible for support:
- Requests for costs incurred prior to the date of the grant award
- Requests led by government agencies
- Requests for capital support, including construction and renovation
- Fundraising event sponsorship
- Organizations with outstanding grant project reports
Deadline and Timeline
Agencies interested in applying for and receiving grants from the LGBTQ+ BIPOC Social Justice & Equity Fund are encouraged to attend to have questions answered about the application, process and priorities for the LGBTQ+ BIPOC Social Justice & Equity Fund grants.
Application Start: Monday, November 1, 2021
Application Deadline: Friday, December 10th, 2021 at 11:59 PM
Q&A RFP Session: Tuesday, November 9, 2021 at 2 pm *view recording here
Panel Interviews with Finalists: Week of January 26th 2022
Grants Awarded: April 2022
The Community Foundation of Broward site will host the electronic applications.
For more information email: Sherese James-Grow, Manager of Community Impact at email@example.com or Obed Caballero, Communications and Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Please review guidelines carefully before submitting an application electronically (below).