With health equity as a driving force, Our Fund strives for health and wellness outcomes that allow LGBT people in South Florida to live full, healthy and happy lives. To this end, Our Fund Foundation’s Health & Wellness Fund supports initiatives that address the unique issues affecting the health and wellness of LGBT people in South Florida and close the health and wellness disparities that LGBT people face resulting from social stigma and discrimination.
The Health Promotion Research Report (see below) outlines the causes and effects defining the disparities LGBT people face regarding health and wellness. It also provides a framework of interventions that can be enlisted to improve health and wellness concerns. Submitted proposals should correlate to the needs and interventions in the report.
Applicants for support from Our Fund’s Health & Wellness Fund should indicate a health and wellness concern(s) and the affected population and provide an intervention program or service that improves the health and wellness of LGBT people in South Florida.
To be eligible for a 2022 Our Fund Foundation Health & Wellness Fund grant, your agency must:
- Be a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization or provide documentation that the organization is fiscally sponsored by an organization that has 501(c)(3) status.
- Be either:
- A LGBTQ-primary organization (defined as an organization whose mission includes the LGBTQ population as the primary focus of their work; whose staff and board predominantly reflect the LGBTQ community; and which primarily serves LGBTQ people); or
- A non-LGBTQ-primary organizations seeking funding for a LGBTQ-specific program/project.
- Request support for an organization or program/project in Broward, Miami-Dade or Palm Beach Counties.
- Request support for a program/project occurring between July 1, 2022 to June 30, 2023.
Please note that an agency may submit or be a partner in only one proposal for an Health & Wellness Fund grant in a grant cycle.
Deadline and Timeline
Thursday, April 21 at 10:00 AM
(message Obed Caballero at email@example.com for a recording of the meeting)
Agencies interested in applying for and receiving grants from the LGBTQ Health & Wellness Fund are encouraged to attend to have questions answered about the application, process and priorities for the LGBTQ Health & Wellness Fund grants.
Begin accepting online applications:
May 2, 2022
June 3, 2022 at 11:59 PM
Funding and Grant Award Announcements (tentative):
* Please review guidelines carefully before submitting an application electronically (below).