Promoting a culture of philanthropy
by uniting donors with organizations
supporting the LGBTQ community
Our Fund, Inc.
1600 NE 26th Street
Wilton Manors, Florida 33305
Our Fund's mission statement is to promote a culture of philanthropy by uniting donors with organizations supporting the LGBTQ community. A tax-exempt community foundation organized to improve the lives of LGBTQ people with a strategy of providing financial resources to non-profit organizations serving the LGBTQ community. The Foundation's purpose is to bring together these financial resources from individuals, families, and businesses and support effective non-profits – building one great legacy from many donors while playing a key role in identifying and working on community problems. Our Fund has the capacity to assist donors in designing gift plans that achieve their philanthropic passions, maximize their tax deductions and be part of a charitable network that increases their effectiveness and impact.
Why do we need an LGBTQ community foundation?
Did you know that out of every $100 in grant making provided by US foundations during that past 10 years only 24 cents was allocated to the LGBTQ community?
According to a 2010 U.S. Census, Florida ranks third in the nation for population growth, trailing only Texas and California. Specific data on LGBTQ population is often not available or unreliable, but the same census indicated that Florida now has approximately 66,000 same-sex couple households, a 60 percent leap since the 2000 census.
A significant increase in demand from the non-profit sector for services in the LGBTQ community assumes there is a significant rise in the LGBTQ population here in South Florida. Types of services that are in high demand range from health issues, youth support, education, senior care to community group services.
The needs of the LGBT community are not significantly different from other communities but, as you can see from these statistics, these services are not supported by over 99% of foundations.
How can I be part of Our Fund?
There are several ways you can participate and help us accomplish our mission:
1. Create a personalized Fund directed by you to accomplish your charitable interest in your name.
2. Designate Our Fund as a beneficiary of your estate, trust or retirement account. The proceeds can be used to create a personalized Fund to carry out your charitable interest in perpetuity.
3. Join our iGive Program by pledging an annual gift to help support the operations and initial start-up costs and provide funding to promote philanthropy.
4. Help us with a general operating gift.
5. Become part of our Professional Advisors Network and help us connect donors with the needs of our community.