Promoting a culture of philanthropy
by uniting donors with organizations
supporting the LGBT community
2011/2012 Annual Report
to our community
We are proud to present our first annual report. Read about the accomplishments during our first full fiscal year - promoting philanthropy to support growing community needs, collaborating with organizations and introducing new donors to the issues we face. All made possible by donors who believe in our mission and supported us during the year. Click here or the image to the left to download your copy.
Expanding philanthropy in South Florida and working to develop stronger non-profit organizations.
South Florida’s only LGBT community foundation established to help build endowments that support donor’s charitable interest and organizations providing services throughout our community.
Addressing Community Needs
We play a key role in identifying and solving community problems by working with individuals, families, attorneys and estate and financial planners to design gift plans tailored to meet diverse economic situations, maximizing the benefit donors receive from the contributions as well as the impact of their philanthropic dollars.
A community foundation that functions as your own private foundation for a fraction of the cost with a long term goal of building named funds established by many separate donors to carry out their charitable interests.
Why do we need Our Fund?
A recent study found that grantmaking towards LGBT issues from the largest 1,000 foundations in the US represented 1/10th of one percent of their total grantmaking dollars.
We need an organization that will help expand philanthropy and help build stronger organizations providing services to the LGBT community.
How can I be part of Our Fund?
There are several ways you can participate and help us accomplish our mission:
1. Create a personalized Fund directed by you to accomplish your charitable interest in your name.
2. Designate Our Fund as a beneficiary of your estate, trust or retirement account. The proceeds can be used to create a personalized Fund to carry out your charitable interest in perpetuity.
3. Join our First 100 Funders by pledging an annual gift for three years to help support the operations and initial start-up costs and provide funding to promote philanthropy.
4. Help us with a general operating gift.
5. Become part of our Professional Advisors Network and help us connect donors with the needs of our community.