Our Fund’s Professional Advisors Network Reception
September 13, 2011
Sponsored by Gallery One Suites on the Intercoastal Waterway
Professional Advisors are important to the success of a community foundation. Our Fund held an inaugural reception to introduce advisors serving the LGBT community to Our Fund. The reception was attended by 50 legal, financial, accounting, tax and other professionals in our community. A great opportunity for networking.
Photos of the event can be seen by clicking here.
Additional pictures of the meeting can be viewed here.
The following statistics were shared with the group:
- LGBTQ grantmaking represented slightly more than 0.2% of all U.S. foundation dollars awarded in 2009.
- The top 1,000 foundations gave 0.1% toward LGBTQ organizations.
- The top ten LGBTQ grantmakers represent 1/2 of all LGBTQ gifts.
- Ten non-profits organizations receive 1/3 of all LGBTQ dollars.
- Almost 5% of LGBTQ people living in the San Francisco Bay Area (not unlike South Florida) made a financial contribution to any of the national, regional or local LGBTQ organizations or causes.
- 2.1% gave to local or regional LGBTQ organizations or causes.
- 2.6% gave to national LGBTQ groups
This is why Our Fund exist. We need to help change these statistics. It’s time we take responsibility for our own community’s future and encourage others to make an investment in our future.
There are many options for donors - Our Fund will guide you in your gift planning. Contact us today.